Sunday, August 12, 2007

Worms-a-go-go!!

I am now the proud owner of a wormery.


For those of you who think this is just some new bizarre pet scheme of mine, a wormery is a bin thing with a tap where you chuck all your kitchen scraps. The resident worms eat it, poo it, and you collect the best fertiliser for your garden/house plants from tap.
Its all part of my attempts to minimise my waste - I am down to half a bin bag a week and reckon if I didn't have a perpetual cold/hayfever it would be even less. I have a junior one, because thats about enough worms for one-two people's waste.
Can you put tissues in a wormery??




1 comment:

Rob said...

They can eat tissues (and paper and cardboard in small amounts). One of my old bosses has a wormery, I gave her some bubblewrap to help keep her wormery warm through the winter.

Locations of visitors to this page