Sunday, February 03, 2008

Outrageous theft

From my pal's Facebook page; their top quotes....

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I shall not put."
-- Winston Churchill

"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Some damn fool forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water."
-- W C Fields

"We live in a land of weather forecasts, and breakfasts that set in."
-- Uncle Monty

"Never try to teach a pig to dance. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."
-- Anon

"You're a fugitive now, eh lad? You'll be hunted down like, well, a dog."
-- Wallace, to Gromit

Vladimir: Well, that passed the time.
Estragorn: It would have passed anyway.

"Be careful of reading health books. You might die of a misprint."
-- Mark Twain

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime."
-- Mark Twain

"We first met through a shared view - she loved me and I did too."
-- Mike Skinner

1 comment:

Rob Nicholls said...

Sorry for nitpicking, but I studied Waiting for Godot at school, your pal's quotes should say "Estragon".

Ignoring all of the wonderful quotes from Futurama, one of my favourites (it's on my Facebook profile) has to be:

"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for wankers"
-- Jez from Peep Show

Locations of visitors to this page