Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chilly bake

I don't know who designs trains. I wonder whether someone wakes up aged 13 and over their boiled egg at breakfast says to their dad "daddy I am going to design train carriages when I grow up". Come to think of it I don't know anyone who has boiled egg for breakfast...

But that's off the point.

I am sitting on my train and feel compelled to share with you, dearly beloveds, one of the big niggles of my daily existence.

Whoever DOES design trains seems to think we all want to cook our flesh below the ankle. My feet are daily subjected to a constant stream of uncomfortably hot air, which can only be balanced by the over head air conditioning.

So my feet cook while my hair lightly blows around my chilling scalp, occasionally flicking past my nose and making me sneeze.

The delights.

2 comments:

Dom said...

I believe it is a similar situation to that suffered by servers residing in datacentres, and they don't even have the benefit of a Young Person's Railcard!

Emily Wearmouth said...

Nor do I! All servers are younger than me!

Locations of visitors to this page