Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fimo fate


I took a lunchtime stroll just now with my pal Elle and we took the opportunity to pop into the new stationary/art supply shop near our office to check out the new Pantone stationary range. Pantone is Elle's client so I shall now ramp up my campaigning to Elle for the Pantone red mug...

Anyway, thats not the point of this post....

The also have Fimo in there. Do you remember Fimo? That stuff thats a bit like plastecene but when you cook your creations in the oven they go hard and last forever? Well back in our youth it was great fun.

"I used to make millions of Fimo dragons", said Elle.
"I used to make loads of Fimo stuff for my dolls house", I replied.

And that, dear reader, sums up beautifully the key differences between my pal Elle and me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all about the fimo dragons baby.

Elle said...

Doh. That was me :)

Emily Wearmouth said...

Really? I would never have guessed :-)

Anonymous said...

How I loved Fimo as a child. I used to make my mum earrings which she, being the ever encouraging mum, used to wear. I used to make her green droplet earrings, as that is her favourite colour and a droplet is easy to fashion. I saw those earrings years later, and was shocked that my mum went out in public with these little green globules (that looked like bogey) hanging from her ears.

Emily Wearmouth said...

My dad still has a very creative bedroom door sign made of Fimo. I think its of him in bed. Or a Fimo man in bed anyway. My sister was more creative with Fimo that me...

I think its a good thing my parents are still together because that door sign might have scuppered my dad's love life otherwise...

Locations of visitors to this page