Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hay Festival

Just back from Hay-on-Wye dear reader, so my apologies for not updating for a while...

It has rained all week on the famous literary festival but that didn't dampen our spirits. We had a fabulous week, and I have to confess I haven't read a single book (although I made it through one and a half editions of The Guardian, a record for me in such a small amount of time).

Roger McGough's poetry was hilarious (and his voice is perfection), Marcus Brigstocke and Tim Brooke-Taylor were amusing, Allan Ahlberg is the nicest man in the world and bees, it turns out, are under global threat. Stonehenge was built using highly simple triganometry (simple enough to go straight over my head!), and General Sir Mike Jackson is everything a soldier should be. But the cream on the top of it all was Jools Holland (accompanied by Marc Almond, Ruby Turner and of course the entire Rhythm and Blues Orchestra). Boogying on down to such an incredible performance (in wellies of course) was the perfect end to a fun week with great friends. I am tired, muddy, saturated in wine, but happy.






















































1 comment:

liz said...

are you standing in mud or liquid chocolate?

Locations of visitors to this page