Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The painting!!

I can't remember whether I might have already told you, or whether I only mentioned it on my Twitter feeds (on the left of the page... over there....) but I bought a painting at a gallery opening a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't been able to stare at it lovingly each morning since though, as it has been entertaining the masses at the gallery every since. But yesterday the exhibition ended and now I can go to Chippendale and claim my fabulous piece. I am incredibly excited, but also exhausted today and am now summoning the energy to jump in a cab and collect it. To build up the energy in the form of raw excitement I did a bit of a Google search for the artist, Angus Wood, and found a photo of my piece on the gallery website! Its called Duck Cover and in real life its a more vivid green and the brush work is beautiful, but here is a small piccie of it so you can all appreciate my enthusiasm, develop a love for Angus' work and therefore drive up the value of my painting. Not that I would sell it to you, coz I love it :-p



3 comments:

Nicole said...

So this is the green painting...it's really very green...can't help but to like it :-)

mum said...

I can't really make it out. It looks like a snake wearing some sort of head gear.....I'm sure it looks better in real life.

Emily Wearmouth said...

Oh mum. Its a man kneeling on the floor with his head ducked under his arms as if hiding from a bomb. He is wearing jeans and the bulk of the picture is taken up with his bottom...
See it now?

Locations of visitors to this page