Monday, July 21, 2008

A weekend of highs and lows

This weekend was my birthday. Well, more specifically, Sunday was my birthday, and I had a brilliant weekend of fun planned.

It started with a girlie night at Retro (dancing to 90s dance music, wearing a glo-band) until about 11pm when old friend KK flew into town from Perth. I haven't seen KK since her wedding 18 months ago and it was great to catch up again.















On saturday morning KK headed to her friends for lunch while I took off up to Bankstown for my helicopter flying lesson. Regular readers will remember that this was my leaving presie from Hotwire, and it may turn out to be more expensive than planned because I LOVED IT! I want to do it more! Here are a couple of piccies from the day:


















Saturday evening I met KK at Circular Quay for some bubbles and then we headed up to china town for dinner. Here, dear reader, is where I suspect it went wrong.

Sunday morning (the big day!) I woke up with some highly unsociable symptoms of food poisoning. I eventually make it into a cab to go to my birthday lunch, but only stay for an hour or so and in that time manage to clock up at least six vomits in the loo and two in flower beds (en route there and back). Everyone was very kind when I ran off so quickly, despite many of them having a battle to get there through the papal pilgrims on the climax day of World Youth Day (week).

I have just made it back from the doctor (very impressed with him, never realised that NHS appointments were so brief!) and have been signed off work for a week. I have to say though, the words "take it easy, you are likely to have these feelings of nausia for a few weeks even after the vomiting stops" sent a shiver down my spine.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you feel better soon - sounds horrific

Melissa said...

awww, petal. happy birthday... hope you feel better soon, look after yourself

Locations of visitors to this page