Sunday, November 30, 2008

A confession

I have a little confession to make, dear reader. Its something that I have learnt not to say in polite company. It seems it is a little bit shameful. Its not something you discuss. Indeed its quite the conversation killer...

But I am homesick.

There. Said it.

Noone really knows how to respond when you tell them that actually, you are missing your real life, and friends, and family and little house and The Way Things Were.

Its a faux pas to mention because (of course) Sydney is the best place in the world and if you can't see that being here is better than being anywhere else you obviously don't party hard enough, or have enough cool friends. Or something.

But I do party hard. And I have some lovely friends out here. And the sun is shining today and everything. But still, for the last two weeks, I have been homesick.

I head back to ol' Blighty in 3 weeks for Christmas and quite frankly I cannot wait.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Hey honey. It's ok to be homesick. Infact it's a good thing. It means that you appreciate what you have where you are but haven't forgotten what is very excited to welcome you back home.

Enjoy Christmas - and get some rest in before you hit Dubai!!

Em's mum said...

Em, we are missing you too. You will be amazed at how much Molly and Phoebe have grown, they are little girls now, and Lucy is a real schoolgirl!
We can't wait to see you. I expect I will cry again when you come back. xxxxxxx mum

C Agius said...

Awww Emily. I wish I could do something to make you feel better :(

Felicity said...

We're looking forward to borrowing you back for a bit! Enjoy the next couple of weeks-I left the Letch on Sunday in freezing rain, and even I was glad to land in sunny Turkey! So it might feel like a bit of a shock to be back, if your photos of glorious sunshine are anything to go by....x

Melissa said...

there's always a cup o tea and cake here for you at oor hoose

x

Locations of visitors to this page