Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama and bananas

I was going to post this morning about an article in Mx (think Metro, if you live in London) which consisted of a load of people agreeing with me about the antisocial nature of eating bananas on public transport.

But then history was made.

America has elected a guy who seems to be great. He makes a good speech too - I actually got goosebumps and welled up a little watching his acceptance speech.

I am so hopeful that this man is exactly what America (read: The Free World) needs to get a little bit of balance back in our lives. A fresh perspective, and a different one at that. A man who runs the world's most powerful country who has actually *lived* abroad. A man who has tried on two religions for size. A man with the intelligence to decide between what is good policy and what is a vendetta. A modern man for a modern world.

Gosh, I am in danger of becoming pro-American. What is the world coming to?

So I blogged about both of them together in the end. And in so doing I think I chose a truly unique headline for the same post that all the world's bloggers will be writing today.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

...and why is eating bananas in public transport antisocial? I'm really curious :-)

Em's mum said...

For the same reason that unwrapping your egg sandwiches for lunch is anti-social..........lovely to eat, but stinky for everyone else.Also fish and chips smell wonderful when you are hungry, but make you heave if you have just eaten.

Locations of visitors to this page