Tuesday, April 14, 2009

3 things you may not know about me....

1) I love country music. I also love red or brown cowboy boots. I want to go to Alabama and meet a genuine redneck. I enjoy a barn dance and quite fancy trying my hand at line dancing next to a man with a mullet. I own a Tim McGraw album and love the Robert Plant/Alison Kraus album Raising Sand. One of my favourite films is Sweet Home Alabama for combining my penchant for romance with the Deep South.

2) It may surprise some (not least my mother) but my all time favourite crave food is bok choy cooked with lots of ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Yes; a green vegetable. This beats chocolate (even British Cadburys), pizza and thai food. But it is close...

3) I wish I was intelligent and knowledgable, but usually have to use my best PR skills to convince people that it is the case instead. I would like to learn to speak German and I wish I enjoyed high brow literature more than I actually do. I have to concentrate really hard to do maths. I collect facts but often forget the best ones.

What about you? Tagging Cathy, Polly, Katy, Nicole, Lawrence and anyone else who wants to join in. Or just add yours in the comments. Let's all get to know the less obvious about one another....

4 comments:

Alex Kidman said...

January, and the annual Tamworth Country Music festival is only a few months away.

Just sayin'...

@EmVicW said...

January is, in fact, more than a few months away. But still... interesting.... just need to work out where Tamworth is and discover whether anyone else I know likes country music.

Kitty said...

A fellow secret country music tragic! Do you like Garth Brooks? I love him but Mr Kitty won't have his tunes on in the house... sigh.

@EmVicW said...

I was introduced to him at the weekend... and yes!

Plus I found people to go to the Tamworth Festival with. You should come!

Apparently we need to book accommodation now though - that's how mainstream our dirty secret is :-)

Locations of visitors to this page