Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Musical clues

This morning as I was doing my customary skipping through shuffle on the iPod I had a thought.

(For those of you who don't own an iPod, shuffle is the setting where it randomly selects an order for your thousands of music tracks and plays them for you. You can skip forward if you don't like one.)

Anyway, back to business, I had a thought.

The thought: I wonder what you can learn about someone and their mood from seeing their morning commute's shuffle activity. You will surely get a great random insight to their bad music taste. You will also see what they want to listen to, and perhaps more crucially what they rejected from their aural passages.

Here is my list for this morning:

Made the grade
Kate Nash – Merry Happy / Little Red
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
UB40 – Red, Red Wine
Tim McGraw – It’s Your Love
Josh Pyke – Don’t Wanna Let You Down
Talking Heads – Road to Nowhere
Skippy the bush Kangaroo
The Stone Roses – Fools’ Gold
Fleetwood Mac – I don’t wanna know

Skipped without ceremony
Jamiroquai – Corner of the Earth
The Fratellis – Creeping Up The Backstairs
Basement Jaxx – Jus 1 Kiss
Eminem – Mockingbird
Kelly Jones – Emily
The Clovers – Love Potion No. 9
What does this list tell you about me?

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Superstition is currently my #1 most-played iPod song, so I would say it reveals you have exceptionally good taste in music! :-P

Melissa said...

it tells me you gotta come back to england so you can watch eurovision with us xxxxxx

Katy Ludditt said...

I can't believe you skipped the Fratelli's and Basement Jaxx! Maybe they're just not morning songs.

Locations of visitors to this page