Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Lost that loving feeling

As humans do we only have the capacity to be excited and enthusiastic about a certain number of things?

Before I met Luke, I had turned into quite the little gym bunny. I had a personal trainer I was seeing once a week and I would go by myself once or twice more, depending on my hectic and fabulous social life. I had even started running and was beginning to be able to do it *at the same time* as breathing, which was a big breakthrough.

Goodness, I even registered in the City2Surf 14km run, like I promised I would.

But recently I haven't been running. Or going to the gym. I even cancelled my personal trainer once - and he knew I was lying when I said I was ill. You see all my enthusiasm has transfered to spending time with Luke. Boys, you see, spoil everything.

The final straw came this week... I am sorry to announce that I will not be partaking in the City2Surf after all. You see I am off on hols next week, and have the parentals in town for the two weeks before the race. If I am not managing to run an inch now, I will never make it round the course.

Its terrible when a hot man tells you he loves your (slightly) squishy belly. Harrumph.

4 comments:

Katy Ludditt said...

I said it earlier and I'll say it again...you've changed Wearo!

Surely in your feminista mindset a woman can have it all? ;-)

Jon said...

Excellent point. A very similar thing happened to me, although it was a woman and not a man!

My gym routine has never recovered, and long may that continue.

Nicole said...

...it doesn't really sound to me like you've lost that loving feeling...quite the opposite :-)

Sharmin said...

awww, that's sweet. :)

enjoy it!!!

Locations of visitors to this page