Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Christian FM

A few weeks ago I finally cracked.

I have always enjoyed Merrick, Rosso and Kate Richie (yes, Brits among us - Sally from Home & Away) on the radio on Nova in the mornings. Yes they are rather annoying but also often amusing. As long as you only tune in between 6am and 8am, and on week days. Because before 6am they play the show from the morning before, and on the weekend they just rerun stuff from the week. I know... bit poo.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago Rosso, or Merrick (I can never tell them apart) was shouting just a little bit too loudly just a little bit too early. I think he was pretending to talk like a dog.

I leapt out of bed and turned the radio off and demanded that The Man retune the radio. Which he did.

The next morning I awoke to a very peaceful yet friendly pair of DJs. Triple J, The Man had assumed, but I swiftly realised it wasn't. Seemed we had found Hope FM - Sydney's Christian radio station.

Now my religious beliefs are... lacking... but I appreciated the soothing tone and didn't mind the religious undertones to the songs (hey, if you don't listen properly they all just sound like love songs anyway). So we have stuck with it. Except on Sundays when you get preached at.

But this morning the dulcid tones woke me at 6.30.... and then I was awoken again at 7.30 as the radio switched itself off again. A whole hour of mellow godly chit chat had passed me by and I had to do a quick sprint into the shower in order not to be late. That's not the point of an alarm!

Tonight the radio gets a re-tune again.

3 comments:

pollyemj said...

you've been awake before 6am on a weekday to learn that Merrick and Rosso and Kate run a repeat of the day before's show? i am impressed and amazed in equal parts if so!

Em's mum said...

I see that 'The Boy' has become 'The Man'.

@EmVicW said...

Pollyemj its all the early starts to collect people from the airport. Oh, and Friday morning nasties for @coffeemornings.

And mum, I am not entirely sure how I should respond to that as you are my mum... but yes. I thought he merited an upgrade in title.

Locations of visitors to this page