Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's all gone quiet... Ah, that's coz she can't talk

Wow getting your brain to think in blog frames is hard after so long
off.

This week I have mostly been moping in bed and on the sofa with what I
first thought was flu but turned out to be a nasty bout of tonsilitus.
Who'd have thunk something so teenage sounding could wipe you out so
thoroughly!

So I managed 7 days in the new job before having to phone in sick.
Very not ideal as I was due to meet two clients on the day in question
- and one of them in Finland! Running a temperature of 39 degrees I
was rather emotionally unstable and had quite a 'poor me' weep after
making the call to the new boss. The weeping continued that night
while at an NHS walk in centre (I of course have no doctor, having had
to start work on the first working day of living in twickenham. Not
sure how to resolve that) because by then I was such a sub-human I
couldn't hold my head up straight.

3 days of enforced silence (a delight for the boy and no hardship for
me, feeling as I was) and dehydrating sweats and I am beginning to
feel better. Thank the lord for penicillin. I just wish the tablets
didn't taste so rank because I have to take them for another 8 days...

1 comment:

Hilary (Adventures from 14 Maple) said...

I just found your blog, and I wanted you to know I love it. I'm passing along the "One Lovely Blog" award to you. Check out my blog; http://hilarymommyclark.blogspot.com/ to accept and to pass on to a few of your favorite blogs.

Locations of visitors to this page